I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Now that summer school is over and I have cleaned and organized my life, it is time to get down to some serious sewing and get some new projects out to you.
To that end, here is my latest refashion.
Here you can see the original pieces before I combined them into the finished project. The white shirt was a piece I purchased for $2.99 on sale at Old Navy. The dress was a thrift shop find on half price day for $3.50. It was a size 4 and in new condition (I have never been a size 4).
The first step was to take apart the white top. I planned to use the yoke in the refashion and use the other pieces as a pattern for the dress fabric.
After that I cut the bodice off of the dress and prepared it to be cut by the white pattern pieces.
Here you see the yoke pinned in place to be sewn. The dress fabric came up a little short for the front panel so I had to create a shoulder yoke from the scraps of the hem.
I sewed bias tape around the armoles to make a clean and sturdy finish.
At this point it was a matter of sewing everything down and top stitching.
Well there you have it. I hope you can take a little time away from the pool to let me know what you
Can’t wait to hear your comments!!!.
‘Til next time…